Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Creative Grids Ruler - My new favorite tool


Here is a video of my newest tool. I just love tools and shortcuts that allow you to make complicated looking blocks that are easy and quick.


The ruler it looks like a regular ruler except that it has pyramids on top (actually 60 degree angles).


You cut a single or multiple strips that equal 4 1/2 inches, lay the ruler on top and cut the angles. The video shows this in more detail.


Ta dah! My completed blocks - once cut the blocks go together fast and because of the ruler they are really accurate. I am making a bed warmer, essentially a small quilt for the foot of the bed. Wider than a throw but not as wide. They are used to add a special touch to the bed, throwing across your feet or shoulders, etc.

No comments: