Monday, February 17, 2014

A Very Nice Gift


I have a lot on online friends from quilting, crafting, & embroidery groups. I am in contact with them so often and know so much about their lives, husbands, kids, etc. that it seems strange that we have never met in person.

Another one of my hobbies is striving for self-sufficiency. My goal is to downsize, use less; packaging, paper, power, everything. I would love to put solar panels on the house, but they cost WAY too much.

Anyway, I am collecting and learning to use appliances that use no electricity. Which is why I am so thrilled with this gift. It is an old Singer sewing machine, the motor has been removed. You operate it using a hand crank. Now I just have to keep practicing - it takes a bit of getting used to. Thank you to my online friend, Lisa.

1 comment:

Carole Beath said...

WOW... this vintage machine is awesome beyond words. I know you will enjoy every single stitch it will make for your lovely creations.