Monday, June 9, 2014

Anatomy of a Memory Quilt Part 4


So know I get to the fun part of the memory quilt. The pictures. Using word processing software (I use Word), I insert the photos that I have previously scanned or were sent to me electronically into a blank document.






Once I have to photos I want, I usually insert more than I think I will need I print them on muslin which has been ironed onto freezer paper.

It is a very time consuming process; I trim the photos to size, add sashing between them and then add them to the quilt. There is a lot more to it, but I don't want to bore you.

Anyway Ta Dah! Here is the finished top - the only thing left to do is to quilt it - making sure not to quilt over the photos and bind it; once the label is added then it will be on it's way to it's new home.


1 comment:

Carole Beath said...

Your quilts are most awesome. great fabrics, wonderful colors and fabby designs.
Carole