Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Start One, Finish One

I don't do New Year resolutions, well not really. But at the beginning of the new year I do have some things I would like to try and accomplish. No pressure, if I do it great, if not, oh well. So this year I decided to try to reel in my ever expanding pile of fabric. I admit to being a bit of an addict. Fabric is another one of the things I go overboard over. Dishes are another, but that's another story. My non-resolution this year; for every project I start I have to finish one. Here is one of my completed projects. It's sort of a sampler. I found a pattern I liked, although I rarely follow patterns (even after I have purchased it); I sort of followed it. Since I started this quilt about 2-1/2 years ago, so this qualifies as the "finish one."

The original pattern had a panel in the center. I used my embroidery machine and appliqued a lion's head for the center. I wanted just an African mask, but ended up with the lion's head. 


The quilt includes flying geese, pieced stars and log cabin blocks, all in African fabric.

I have a couple of new quilt projects (the "start one"); they still need to be quilted. I'll post them in a later post.

No comments: