Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Next Project

I haven't finished my batik quilt, but I needed a break from stitching the top, something small that I can sew in a weekend or so. I have quite a bit of what I call scraps, pieces of fabric less than 1/4 yard, some even smaller, pieces left from previous projects; I have a hard time throwing any fabric no matter how small away - I just know that I will find something I can make with it. So, here's my next project - it is a brick pattern quilt. as the name implies uniform blocks (rectangles) are sewn side by side, the next row of blocks are offset (indented) about 1/2 the size of the 1st block, the next row of blocks are positioned the same as the 1st row. You continue adding rows until your quilt is as large as you want. I used my Accuquilt Go to cut the blocks so they are all 3-1/2 x 6. Everytime I used the Go I fall more in love with it - it makes cutting sooooo much easier and faster, which I think is great because the sooner I get the cutting done the sooner I can get to the part I like best, putting it together!





1 comment:

Carole Beath said...

Whee, just look at all that possibilty of projects. I love scraps.