Friday, February 24, 2012

What I've been doing . . .

Been pretty busy lately with work, home, Life!, etc. But I have been sewing so here's a couple of the quilts I have been working on.



This a quilt I designed and quilted for my niece. She sleeps whenever she gets a chance. We have taken several road trips together and just like many little kids (she's not a little kid, lol) whenever she gets into the car she falls asleep no matter how hard she tried to stay awake and keep me company.

The quilt uses a premade center panel - the photo is called "Blue Monday." Appropriate don't you think?




This is a strip quilt, made up of strips of different African material no wider than 1-1/2 inches. Each block took me about 45 minutes to sew, I got impatient so I stopped after about 30 blocks. It really wasn't big enough for anything other than a wall hanging (which I don't do), so I added 18 inches of black fabric for the border which made it big enough for a throw; and yes I quilted it on the frame - it is still cool!





No comments: