Tuesday, October 18, 2016

2016

Wow, I just realized that it has been a year since I posted anything. I have been busy sewing and quilting I guess I just haven't gotten around to posting anything. This is be a long post as I catch up on 2016.

I have started but not finished several items, hopefully I will get them finished before 2017, I'll hold off posting them for now.

I love getting together with friends and family. Love, love holidays. Decorating, beautiful table settings, etc. This is a free machine embroidery design by Kreations by Kara, I added the gobble, gobble. Last year I decided to stitch napkins for all the special occasions. I got sidetracked as I often do so I only got the napkins finished for Thanksgiving. This post may serve as a reminder to finish the rest. My original plan was to give them as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately most people don't use cloth napkins or pretty plates and serving dishes, opting instead for paper napkins and plates.

I am thinking of using either of these two designs for the Christmas/winter napkins.

KBKfreeDEC14_ReindeerLitUp400x400KBKDec12Free_Reindeer


When I started quilting I always promised myself that I would not quilt small quilts such as wall hanging, table runner, toppers, etc. I could never see the point. I always that the they would just be too small to be of any use. Well, never say never. I have since made several toppers, and runners. I made this one for fall last year, It has been bound and used, but I don't have a picture of the finished piece.

I created it following Jennie Doan's tutorial on YouTube. It uses a binding tool to create the strips that make up the star. It goes together quickly. I love her shortcuts and tips.



No comments: