Wednesday, October 19, 2016

One of my favorite things

Anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE the game Monopoly. For years whenever family and friends got together they were roped into a game.

Imagine my surprise when while visiting Pinterest I discovered a Monopoly fabric panel. Of course like a lot of things on Pinterest the post was old and the fabric was out of print. I searched for months looking for the panel. Finally located it and then spent weeks trying to come up with a design for a quilt to feature it.

Well I didn't come up with a quilt, the panel was just too small that unless I paired it with another panel it would look as though the panel was just floating in the middle of the quilt. I could have also added pieced blocks, but honestly that would have taken way too long and I was excited to get it finished.

I have finished the piecing, I decided to make a table topper (yes, another one). I designed the top to look like a Monopoly game in progress. It still has to be quilted, but I like the way it turned out.

No comments: